- All children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a responsible person aged 16 years or above and on a ratio of no more than 1 adult to 2 children.
- The responsible person must go into and remain in the water with the child or children that they are accompanying for the entire time that the child/children are in the water.
- Whilst in the pool the responsible person must maintain constant supervision over the child/children that they are responsible for.
- If the child/children are weak or non-swimmers the responsible person must be in close contact with them.
In accordance with the guidelines set by the Chartered Institute of the Management of Sports and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) and our risk assessments we enforce the following:
- Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied into the water at all times by a responsible adult (over 16 years) with a ratio of no more than 1 adult to 2 children.
- Children under the age of 4 years must be accompanied into the pool by a responsible adult on a ratio of 1 adult to 1 child. However, the ratio becomes 1 adult to 2 children in the event that EVERY child is wearing suitable buoyancy aids.
Suitable buoyancy aids are those that fully support the child’s weight in the water and remain secure both in and out of the water.
Customers may be asked to remove any fun inflatables not constituting a buoyancy aid if the bather number reaches or exceeds 60 people.
Lifeguards will request a swim test for children entering the deep end of the pool if they appear to lack confidence or have not demonstrated the required skills.
- No dives any shallower than 1.5 meters
- Specialist equipment may only be used with lifeguards permission
- Non-swimmers must not go any deeper than 1.5 meters
- No standing on floats
- No petting
- No bombs
- No flips
- No somersaults
- No acrobatics
- Feet first on the slide ONLY
- No rough or boisterous behaviour
- No sexualised behaviour
- No Spitting
- No Shouting, screaming or whistling
- no swearing or obscene language
- No fighting or bullying
- No pushing
- No running on poolside
Please respect our staff, they are only doing their job.